- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARQUAND, Mo. -- Verneda Pearl Mouser, 85, of Nashville, Tenn., formerly of Marquand, died Monday, Jan. 14, 2002.
She was born May 23, 1916, in Marquand, daughter of Miles W. and Lola Mouser.
She graduated from Marquand High School and Southeast Missouri State University. She taught school in Marquand and the surrounding area for 10 years.
She was an administrative assistant at Veterans Hospital in St. Louis for 30 years and worked part time for Stix, Baer and Fuller in St. Louis for 20 years. She volunteered with the Red Cross for many years, driving a blood mobile.
She was a member of Kirkwood United Methodist Church.
Survivors include two nieces, Judith Ryan of Hendersonville, Tenn., and Janice Gordon of Kansas City, Mo.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from noon to 3 p.m. Thursday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, Mo.
Funeral will be at 3 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. James Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mouser Cemetery at Marquand.