- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
WYATT, Mo. -- Dathel M. Rowland, 88, of Wyatt died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2002, at her home.
Born Sept. 9, 1913, in Mississippi County, she was the daughter of Robert and Minnie Pearl Sullivan Hayden.
She lived in Mississippi County her entire life and was a member of the Wyatt Baptist Church.
On Oct. 18, 1930, she was married to Albert Rowland, who died May 26, 1975.
Survivors include two sons, Phillip Rowland of Wyatt, Hubert Rowland of Lombard Ill.; a daughter, Sue Kellett of Bertrand, Mo.; a brother, Robert Lee Hayden Jr. of Campbell, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by three sisters.
Friends may call from 4:30-8 p.m., today at the McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo.
Funeral will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dean Wallace officiating. Burial will take place in the IOOF Cemetery.