- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast adds two softball coaches
Southeast Missouri State University has hired new assistant softball coaches.
Former Otahkian player Renee Enos and former volunteer assistant Billy Underwood have joined the staff led by coach Lana Richmond.
Enos was a standout four-year player for the Otahkians from 1998-2001. She was a first-team All-Ohio Valley Conference selection in 2001 after hitting .388 overall and .492 in conference games.
Enos, who ranks in the Top 10 of several Southeast career statistical categories, is finishing her undergraduate degree in athletic training.
Underwood joined the Southeast staff last fall as a volunteer assistant coach and was with the team throughout the fall season. A graduate of Notre Dame High School in Cape Girardeau, Underwood is finishing his undergraduate degree in sports management.
Enos and Underwood take the place of former assistant Joel Kaden, who left at the beginning of the school year to take a high school position in Minnesota.