- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Seckman helps add to Jackson's recent success
JACKSON, Mo. -- Jackson's boys basketball team continued its string of impressive performances by destroying visiting Seckman 78-26 Tuesday night.
The Indians (9-7) were led by Lance Bollinger with 18 points, Nathan Brown with 15 and Tyler McNeely with 13.
Seckman (2-11) trailed 42-16 at halftime, then Jackson pulled further away with a 16-1 third-quarter edge.
"Everybody played well for us," Jackson coach Mike Kiehne said.
DELTA 81, EAST PRAIRIE 61
DELTA, Mo. -- Fourth-seeded and host Delta avenged a one-point loss to fifth-seeded East Prairie in the final first-round game of the Scott-Mississippi Conference Tournament.
Craig Bock had 24 points, Lance Kinder 18, Joey Keys 17 and Brent Menz 10 for Delta (6-10). The Eagles (3-8) got 18 points from Chris Wheatley and 16 from Matt Boyer.
In Thursday's semifinals, Delta meets top-seeded Oran while No. 2 Scott County Central plays No. 3 Scott City.
BELL CITY 62, WOODLAND 57
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Eric Henry scored 21 points and Dominitrix Johnson 13 as Bell City (13-3, 5-0) remained atop the Stoddard County Conference.
Leading Woodland (8-8, 0-3) was Luke Johnson (16 points), Michael Owens (12), Alex VanGennip (12) and Travis Benfield (11).
HERCULANEUM 67, ST. VINCENT 64
HERCULANEUM, Mo. -- St. Vincent (6-5, 0-3) remained winless in the Jefferson County Conference, despite a game-high 31 points from Tyler Wengert.
Matt Wengert added 11 points for the Indians, who rallied from a 40-28 halftime deficit to make it close.
ADVANCE 60, ZALMA 37
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Jared Ritter and Chris Walker each scored 17 points to lead the Hornets (10-4).
Stephen McCain led the Bulldogs (0-11) with 15 points. Chad Wiseman had 11.
LEOPOLD 72, MEADOW HEIGHTS 66
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Kevin Holzum scored 26 points, Josh Van de Ven 21 and Scott VanGennip 13 to pace the Wildcats (4-10).
Meadow Heights (7-5) got 14 points from Joey Bell and 10 from Josh Fulton.
OAK RIDGE 51, MARQUAND 47
OAK RIDGE, Mo. -- Capitalizing on free throws, Oak Ridge (6-8, 1-0) held on to defeat Marquand (6-8, 1-2) in the Mississippi Valley Conference.
The Blue Jays, led by Jeff Cowan's 20 points and Clayton Ruesler's 11, went 18-of-22 from the line. Heath Stephens topped Marquand with 28 points.
PERRYVILLE 40, WINDSOR 38
IMPERIAL, Mo. -- Chad Ozark (13), Andrew Meyr (12) and Jason Dreyer (11) led the Pirates (11-4, 2-0) past Windsor in a Jefferson County Conference matchup.
NOTRE DAME 130, OAKVILLE 110, WEBSTER GROVES 47
MEHLVILLE, Mo. -- Mark Lester (100 butterfly), John Kuper (100 breaststroke) and John Stoverink (diving) posted wins to lead Notre Dame (5-6) to victory.
The Bulldogs' 400-meter freestyle relay team composed of Stephen Hine, John Fisher, Tim Frank and Chad McCormick also finished first.
-- From staff reports