- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Man kills 4 family members, self in Philadelphia suburb
ARDMORE, Pa. -- A man fatally shot four relatives Tuesday before killing himself at a home in this Philadelphia suburb, police said.
The man, identified as Michael Burgess, used a handgun to shoot and kill his wife, her parents, his stepdaughter and himself, said Lower Merion Township Police Superintendent Joseph Daly.
Daly said a female called police from the home asking for help.
"There was some shouting in the background and the line went dead. The dispatcher attempted to call back and there was no response," Daly said.
Police found the gunman's wounded father-in-law in the back yard. He was able to tell police that the shooter was inside.
The father-in-law later died, Daly said. Police found three bodies on the first floor and the girl on the second floor.
Daly said Burgess had disrupted a church service on Sunday, prompting a call to police, but he could provide no further details about the incident.
Lower Merion Township, which includes Ardmore and borders Philadelphia, is one of the state's wealthiest suburbs.
Residents said the street was blocked off Tuesday night and that police weren't letting them leave their houses.