- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
NEW MADRID, Mo. -- Funeral for Ellen M. Wann will be at 10 a.m. today at Ford & Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home. The Rev. Dan Schulte will officiate. Burial will be at Arcadia Valley Memorial Park in Ironton, Mo.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. until time of funeral.
Wann, 88, died Sunday, Jan. 13, 2002, at Beverly Health Care in New Madrid.
She was born July 6, 1913, in Chaffee, Mo., daughter of Elmer and Minnie Bell Hinkle Killian.
She married Robert A. Wann in 1940 in St. Louis, Mo. He died in 1978.
She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church in Cape Girardeau and had worked many years as a payroll clerk at several military bases.
Survivors include a brother Eugene Sylcox of Belleview, Fla.; and a sister, Juanita Lape of Clarkston, Mich.