- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
NEW MADRID, Mo. -- Funeral for Ellen M. Wann will be at 10 a.m. today at Ford & Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home. The Rev. Dan Schulte will officiate. Burial will be at Arcadia Valley Memorial Park in Ironton, Mo.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. until time of funeral.
Wann, 88, died Sunday, Jan. 13, 2002, at Beverly Health Care in New Madrid.
She was born July 6, 1913, in Chaffee, Mo., daughter of Elmer and Minnie Bell Hinkle Killian.
She married Robert A. Wann in 1940 in St. Louis, Mo. He died in 1978.
She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church in Cape Girardeau and had worked many years as a payroll clerk at several military bases.
Survivors include a brother Eugene Sylcox of Belleview, Fla.; and a sister, Juanita Lape of Clarkston, Mich.