- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Robert William "Bill" Milam, 65, of Benton died Sunday, Jan. 13, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born July 19, 1936, in Engleberg, Ark., the son of Willis and Stella Mae Holder Milam. He married Glenda Ruth Brock on Nov. 1, 1954, at Benton.
Bill was a laborer with International Local 1104 and retired from Patton-Tulley Transportation. He was an avid horseman and bred, raised and trained beagles. He was a member of the SEMO Beagle Club and the Bootheel Rabbit Hunters Association.
He is survived by his wife; four sons and daughter-in-laws, Bruce and Rosa Milam, Brad and Rita Milam, and Brock and Amy Milam of Benton, and Blaine "Bub" and Paula Milam of Tamms, Ill.; one brother, Alvin Milam of Anna, Ill.; five sisters, Mildred Killough of Bosque Farms, N.M., Jean Qualls of Orlando, Fla., Dathine Milam and Thelma Haney of Benton, and Sue Pratt of Sikeston; 12 grandchildren, Angie Farrow, Jay Hornback-Milam, Robert, Jarrett, Julie, Danielle, Joey, Josh, Blaine, Shane, Lexie, and Addison Milam; and three great-grandchildren, Devin and Alivia Plassman and Alexandria Hornback-Milam.
One son, Brian Joseph Milam, preceded him in death on Nov. 13, 1978. His parents and one brother also preceded him.
Friends may call from 5-8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton where services are scheduled for 11 a.m. Wednesday. The Revs. Dale Huff and Dennis Lowe will officiate, with burial in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.