- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two charged with murder of teen
The Associated Press
CLAYTON, Mo. -- Two St. Louis men were in jail Monday, suspected of killing an 18-year-old girl in August.
Roosevelt Fletcher Jr., 28, was charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action, prosecutors said. Paul Keys, 19, was charged with second-degree murder and armed criminal action.
Katee Hessler, 18, was shot to death Aug. 30. Police said Hessler and a friend were talking with three men in north St. Louis County as the suspect approached Hessler's car and shot her. Hessler's friend drove to a nearby gas station to call for help. Police said Keys was Fletcher's getaway driver.