- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARMC celebrates 50 years in June
FARMINGTON -- The Mineral Area Regional Medical Center Auxiliary and Volunteers have a major undertaking planned for 2002.
The newly elected officers and committees are ramping up for the hospital's 50th anniversary celebration in June.
On June 15, 1952, seven physicians pooled their financial resources, purchased the old infirmary at the edge of town, modernized it and opened its doors for business. Growing from this humble start, the facility has become a trauma center with more than 500 employees.