- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Melbourne W. "Pete" Helton, 52, of Chaffee, Mo., formerly of Cairo and Mound City, Ill., died Friday, Jan. 11, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 24, 1949, at Mounds, Ill., son of William Archie Helton and Rosie Rachel Smith Helton.
Helton was a truck driver for Tower Rock Stone Co. in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
He served three years as a U.S. Marine. He served in Vietnam.
Survivors include his wife, Diane "Sue" Williams Helton of Chaffee; a daughter, Jean Angele Diane McHarry of Cape Girardeau; a stepdaughter, Mellissa Diane McGowan of Chaffee; three brothers, Lawrence "Tony" Helton and Raymond Helton, both of Villa Ridge, and Harry Helton of Mounds; a sister, Alice Williams of Villa Ridge; and two stepgrandchildren.
Friends may call at the funeral home Monday from 5-8 p.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
Funeral will be at 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. F.M. Speakman officiating. Cremation will follow.