- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
DEXTER, Mo. -- Helen Phillips, 73, of Bloomfield, Mo., died Friday, Jan. 11, 2002, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter.
She was born April 20, 1928, at Frankfort, Ill., daughter of Francis and Beaulah Strobel McCain.
She was a member of Mount Pisgah Church near Bloomfield. She was a former employee of Elder Manufacturing in Bloomfield and a former owner of the Hornet's Nest Restaurant in Advance, Mo.
She and Orin Phillips were married July 19, 1944, at Piggott, Ark. He died Dec. 31, 2000.
Survivors include two daughters, Kay White of Bloomfield, and Judy Kirby of Dexter; a brother, James McCain of Advance; seven grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a sister.
Friends may call from 3:30-8 p.m. today at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Chapel in Dexter.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Eskew officiating. Burial will be in the Oak Ridge Cemetery near Bloomfield.