- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JACKSON, Mo. -- Lloyd Kidd, 8, of Jackson died Saturday, Jan. 12, 2002, at his home.
Born Oct. 7, 1913, in Arbor, Mo., he was the son of Adam and Gladys Beck Kidd.
A pipefitter for Local 562, Kidd was of the Baptist faith. He also belonged to the Advance Masonic Lodge 590 AF&AM.
On Oct. 4, 1933, in Jackson, he was married to Clara Kynion.
Survivors include his wife, Clara, of the home; two sons, Paul Kidd of Jackson, Forest Kidd of Cape Girardeau; four daughters, Mary Lee Quinn and Patricia Galloway, both of Jackson, Peggy Jones of Chaffee, Mo., and Linda McCullough of Plano, Texas; two brothers, James Kidd of Gordonville, Lawrence Kidd of Delta, Mo.; a sister, Hazel Hitt of Bloomfield; 14 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother, two sisters and two grandsons, Steven and Tony Kidd.
Friends may call from 5-8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance with Masonic services at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Lee Roy Quinn officiating. Burial will take place in Morgan Memorial Park.