- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church was the setting Nov. 17, 2001, for the wedding of Lori Terese Maurer and James Yates Miller III. The Rev. Charlie Prost performed the double ring ceremony. Pianist was Bev Reece, trumpeter was Matt Martin, and soloist was Alan Bruns, all of Cape Girardeau.
Jim and Teresa Maurer of Cape Girardeau are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of J.Y. and Mary Elsie Miller of Glasgow, Mo.
Matron of honor was Melissa McGuire of Alton, Ill., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Mindy Frink of Dallas, Texas, Jennifer Heuring and Missy Ashby of Cape Girardeau, and Rebekah Baasten of Charlotte, N.C.
Jeff LeRiche of Kansas City, Mo., served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were Casey McClendon of Atlanta, Ga.; Billy Finley of Jonesboro, Ark.; Jeff Maurer of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride; and Billy Parker of Paragould, Ark. Ushers were Nathan McGuire of Alton, brother-in-law of the bride; Dale Smith and Todd Bartels of Kansas City, and Rob Sanders of Triplett, Mo.
Guest book attendants were Courtney Vickery of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the bride, and Sarah Henderson of Columbia, Mo., cousin of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the bride's parents hosted the reception at Drury Lodge.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Nov. 16 at Celebrations.
Mrs. Miller is a 1993 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She received a bachelor of science degree from the University of Missouri in 1997, and a master's degree in business administration from Washington University in 2001. She is employed at Express Scripts Inc.
The groom is a 1989 graduate of Caruthersville High School. He received a bachelor of science degree from the University of Tennessee-Martin in 1993, and a juris doctorate from the University of Missouri in 1996. He served five years in the U.S. Army JAG Corps. He is employed by Husch and Eppenberger, LLC.
The couple resides in St. Louis.