- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Ethel G. Davis, 96, of Advance died Thursday, Jan. 10, 2002, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born Oct. 14, 1905, at Mountain Home, Ark., daughter of Jasper L. and Nancy Smith Eddings. She and Louis B. Davis were married Oct. 8, 1921, in Monett, Ark. He died Jan. 9, 1982.
Davis was a member of the Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include two sons, Louis Davis of Oak Ridge, Mo., Eugene Davis of Houston, Texas; two daughters, Wanda Davis of Advance, Juanita Fellows of St. Louis; a sister, Grace Davidson of Fort Worth, Texas; 10 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, six brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5:30-8 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Brad Moore officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.