- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
HIRAM, Mo. -- Peggy Jane Watkins, 54, of Hiram died Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2002, at her home, following an illness.
She was born Dec. 5, 1947, at Hiram, daughter of Clyde and Addie Jaco Skaggs. She and David Wayne Watkins were married April 19, 1974.
Watkins was a postmaster relief employee for Lowndes Post Office at Lowndes, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Gilbert Moyers of San Diego, Calif., David Watkins II of Patterson, Mo., Lloyd Watkins of Hiram; a daughter, Pam Moyers of Burbank, Mo.; and a brother, Delmar Skaggs of Hiram.
Also surviving are nine sisters, Letha Chamness of Oak Ridge, Mo., Ethel Samples of Demopolis, Ala., Jewell Bailey of Carl Junction, Mo., Sue Mungle, Wilma Jackson and Joyce Jackson, all of Kennett, Mo., Francis Barbage of Linden, Ala., Tish Kocher of Palestine, Texas, Lisa Skaggs of Greenville, Mo.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, and a sister.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo., from 4:30-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Friendship Cemetery at Grassy, Mo.