- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Joe H. Jones, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
He was born Feb. 20, 1915, at Arbor, Mo., son of John H. and Savannah A. Corsey Jones. He and Cleo Mansker were married Nov. 2, 1934, at Benton, Mo. She died July 4, 2001.
Jones was a custodian at Cape Girardeau Public Schools 15 years, retiring in 1980. He was a member of Church of God.
Survivors include a son, William Jones of Delta, Mo.; a daughter, Doris Morton of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Graveside service will be at 12:30 p.m. today at Kenyon Cemetery in Delta. The Rev. Donald Estes will officiate.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.