- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SENATH, Mo. -- Funeral for H.B. Norman of Senath was held Wednesday at First United Methodist Church. The Rev. Gene West officiated. Burial was in Senath Cemetery.
Norman, 83, died Monday, Jan. 7, 2002, at Northeast Arkansas Regional Medical Center in Jonesboro.
He was born Jan. 9, 1918, at Senath, son of John Henry and Pearl Keel Scruggs Norman. He and Clementine Caneer were married June 24, 1940, at Malden, Mo. She died Nov. 2, 1988.
Norman was a graduate of Senath High School and Southeast Missouri State University. He taught and coached at Senath 13 years and also farmed. He was an agent with New York Life Insurance more than 40 years.
Survivors include a son, John Norman of Jackson, Mo.; a daughter, JoAnn Norman of Jonesboro; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter and a brother.
McDaniel Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.