- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Lucy Evelyn Stacey, 93, of Cullowhee, N.C., died Monday, Jan. 7, 2002, at Skyland Care Center, following a brief illness.
She was born at Bloomfield, Mo., daughter of Matt and Melinda Jane Stephens. She married Rufus Stacey, who preceded her in death.
Stacey had lived in Jackson County, N.C., the past two years.
Survivors include a daughter, Beverly Colvard of Sylva, N.C.; three sons, Delvis Stacey of Williston, Fla., Joe Stacey of Cullowhee, Robert Stacey of Rose City, Mich.; three brothers, Joe Stephens of Cape Girardeau, Harvey Stephens of Advance, Mo., Charles Stephens of Bloomfield; 23 grandchildren; several great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Melton-Riddle Funeral Home in Sylva. The Revs. G.D. Phillips, Steve Bialy and Timothy Rall will officiate. Burial will be in Old Mother Cemetery in Robbinsville, N.C.
Friends may call at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home.