- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Geneva Lou Heins, 77, of Las Vegas, Nev., died Sunday, Dec. 16, 2001, at Nathan Adelson Hospice.
She was born June 9, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, and was a graduate of Central High School. She married Walter Heins.
Heins had lived in Las Vegas 25 years.
Survivors include a daughter, Leigh Abresch of San Francisco, Calif.; a sister, Margie Kurre of Clearwater, Fla.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a son.
Funeral was held Dec. 20 at Palm Mortuary-Eastern in Las Vegas. Burial was in Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Las Vegas.