- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JACKSON, Mo. -- John O. Statler, 91, of Jackson died Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 3, 1910, in Jackson, son of John H. and Ida V. Hitt Statler. He and Willie Marie Minton were married July 28, 1934. She died June 25, 2001.
Statler worked on the family farm south of Jackson all his life. He was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Margie Reisenbichler of Jackson; a brother, Linus "Pete" Statler of Jackson; two sisters, Cecile Wilkinson of Jackson, Helen Wessel of Gordonville, Mo.; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and two brothers.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 4-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. Brian Anderson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.