- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Donna P. Cooper, daughter of Weldon L. and Violet L. Bryant Davis, was born July 22, 1919, in Anna, Ill., and passed away Monday, Jan. 7, 2002, at St. John's Hospital in Springfield, Ill., at the age of 52.
Survivors include her husband, Bill Cooper of Springfield; a son, Warren Masters of Cape Girardeau; her mother and father of Cape Girardeau; two stepdaughters, Tina Lipps of Cameron, Wis., Tracy Schieffer of Rice Lake, Wis.; five stepgrandchildren; a brother and sister-in-law, Weldon Jr. and Debra Davis and their daughter Crystal, all of Anna; two sisters and brother-in-law, Janet and Larry Minnis of Seviersville, Tenn., Shelby Hediger of Colorado Springs, Colo.; nephews, Erick Turner of Carbondale, Ill., Shawn Redman and wife Dianne and daughter Morgan, all of Plano, Ill.; two aunts and uncles, Joan and the Rev. Robert Bryant of Plainfield, Mont., Betty and John Edwards of Peoria, Ill.
Private funeral service will be held at Hileman and Parr Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill. The Rev. Scott Harner will officiate. Interment will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.