- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Irene J. Bohnert, 87, of Perryville died Monday, Jan. 7, 2002, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born March 14, 1914, in Perryville, daughter of Joseph and Agnes Baudendistel Gebhardt. She and Lloyd H. "Beck" Bohnert were married May 5, 1937. He died Oct. 10, 1993.
Bohnert was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, St. Joseph Sodality in Highland and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include six nieces, Thelma Welland of Perryville, Diana Kirn and Connie Davies of St. Louis, Margie Weinkein of St. Charles, Mo., Joanie Hayden of Houston, Texas, Debbie Wooten of Raleigh, N.C.; and two nephews, Chalmer Weinkein of Perryville and Rick Gebhardt of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Barney Gebhardt; a sister, Marie Weinkein; and a nephew, Clyde.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home today from 6:30-9:40 a.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. today at St. Vincent's Church. The Rev. Robert Brockland will officiate. Burial will be in St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery in Highland.