- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community digest 1/8/02
Bollinger County bridge repairs planned
A bridge on Route V between the Route C and Route K junction in Bollinger County will be closed while the Missouri Department of Transportation bridge crew makes routine repairs to the structure.
Weather permitting, the bridge will be closed Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. each day. Motorists will need to take alternate routes while the repairs are being made.
The work zone will be marked with signs. Motorists are urged to use extreme caution while traveling near the area.
For more information, call MoDOT's Customer Service Center at 1 (888) 275-6636.
League to discuss global trade issues
The League of Women Voters of Southeast Missouri will conduct a discussion of the pros and cons of global trade.
The discussion will be held at 11:30 a.m. Thursday in the Hirsch Room of the Cape Girardeau Public Library. The public is invited to attend. Members will vote whether they concur with the position adopted by the national organization of the League of Women's Voters.
Local organization president Eileen Steinberg has information to distribute concerning the League's proposed position.
-- From staff reports