- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Funeral for Dorothy Mae Young of East Prairie will be at 1 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home. Martin Lucas will officiate. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.
Young, 82, died Sunday, Jan. 6, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born Aug. 19, 1919, in Piggott, Ark., daughter of Franklin Marion and Cody Thurman Stewart. She married Cecil Dodge, who died Dec. 9, 1944.
Young attended First Christian Church.
Survivors include a son, Clarence Dodge of Perryville, Mo.; three daughters, Marjorie Wheatley, Barbara Dodge and Imogene Ward, all of East Prairie; a sister, Mary Champ of Chicago; 11 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, four grandchildren, two brothers and a sister.