- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Funeral for Bill H. Williams of Cape Girardeau will be held at 1 p.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel. The Rev. Zack Strong will officiate. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Friends may call at the chapel from 11 a.m. until time of service.
Williams, 78, died Sunday, Jan. 6, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born July 10, 1923, in Cape Girardeau, son of Ren and Della Robins Williams. He and Anita Wulfers were married Oct. 1, 1952, in Cape Girardeau.
Williams had been an office manager for a trucking company. He was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Mary Ann Travis of Sandy, Utah, Laura Beltz of Jackson, Mo.; a brother, Harry Williams of Cape Girardeau; and six grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.