- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Funeral for Eva Crowell, 93, of Sikeston will be held at 11 a.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home. The Rev. David Johnson will officiate. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.
Crowell, 93, died Saturday, Jan. 5, 2002, at Clearview Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 11, 1908, in Marcola, Ore., daughter of Frank and Ann Starks. She married Walter N. "Boyd" Crowell, who died April 7, 1985.
Crowell was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Bill Crowell of Sikeston; a brother, Loyd Starks of Lindale, Texas; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and a sister.