- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Faye Rene Mills of Murphysboro, Ill., died following a short illness at 1:26 p.m. Dec. 25, 2001, at her daughter's home in Murphysboro.
Faye was born April 10, 1903, to Elmer West Landess and Edna Belle Boxell Landess. She married William Leon Mills of Malden, Mo., Nov. 15, 1925. He preceded her in death Jan. 18, 1949.
Mrs. Mills was a homemaker and a loving mother, devoted to her family. She was baptized into the Church of Christ and was the oldest member of First Christian Church of Murphysboro. She was also a member of the Ladies Auxiliary of the American Legion, White Shrine of Jerusalem and Federal Woman's Club.
Faye is survived by five children: a son, Landess Leon Mills and wife Judy of Murphysboro, son, Dr. Robert B. Mills and wife Joyce of Murphysboro, daughter, Jeanette Hudgins and husband John of Murphysboro, son, Michael Mills of Murphysboro, daughter, Mary Pat Mills of Kauai, Hawaii.
She is survived by 10 grandchildren, Melody Corso of Naperville, Fla., Gary Landess Mills and wife Brenda of Murphysboro, Mike Mills and wife Nina of Sikeston, Mo., Dr. Robert Leon Mills of Marion, Ill., Dr. Stephen Mills and wife Tracey of Carterville, Ill., Dr. Joseph Hudgins and wife Lane Blume Hudgins of Murphysboro, Jem Hudgins of Norwell, Mass., Molly Hudgins of St. Louis, Amy Jane Mills Tunnicliff of Hingham, Mass., and Christopher Mills of San Francisco, Calif.
She is also survived by 18 great-grandchildren: Jason Zastrow, Carrie Corso, Elizabeth Stiegman and husband Steve, Casey Faye Mills, Sarah Mills, Devin Mills, Sean Mills, Spencer Mills, Lincoln Mills, Grant Mills, Shea Leigh Mills, Brockton Mills, Cameron Hudgins, Andrew Landess Hudgins, Kelly Faye Hudgins, Courtney Hudgins, Woody Tunnicliff and Faye Landess Tunnicliff.
Mrs. Mills was preceded in death by her husband, parents, a sister and four brothers.
Graveside service for Faye Mills was held Saturday, Dec. 29, at 10 a.m. at Pleasant Grove Memorial Cemetery. The graveside service was followed by a memorial celebration of her life at 11 a.m. at First Christian Church of Murphysboro, 15th and Pine streets.
Memorial contributions in memory of Faye may be made to First Christian Church of Murphysboro or TIP Hospice.
Announcement courtesy of Landess Funeral Home in Malden.