- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- A private funeral for Arthur "Bud" W. Knott, 75, of Perryville, was held Saturday at Young and Sons Chapel.
Burial was in Yount Community Cemetery. The Rev. Joe Williams officiated.
Knott died Friday, Jan. 4, 2002, at Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born Nov. 21, 1926, at Cranes Island, Ill., son of Joseph H. and Stella Griffith Knott. He and Marie Tresia Edmond were married Aug. 26, 1950. She survives.
Knott was a veteran of the U.S. Army during World War II. He was a past member of the Perryville Country Club. He worked as a mechanic at Sutterer Oil Co. until his retirement. He also had worked as a farmhand for Jim and Ed Huber.
Other survivors include a daughter, Debra J. Knott of Perryville; a son, John J. Knott of Tampa, Fla.; a sister, Annie Scheerer of St. Joseph, Mo.; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers.