- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Funeral for Vernell Kesler of Anna will be held at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Dongola, Ill. The Rev. Willard Murrie will officiate. Burial will be in Meisenheimer Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 4-6 p.m. today.
Kesler, 89, died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2002, at Superior Care Home in Paducah, Ky.
She was born June 6, 1912, in Ballard County, Ky., daughter of James Ord and Maude A. Abernathy Rudolph. She and the Rev. Lester Kesler were married Dec. 3, 1944. He died July 1, 1998.
Kesler was a member of Margaret Hank Cumberland Presbyterian Church. She had been active in mission work, served as a Presbyterial president, Kentucky synodical president, and convention officer.
Survivors include a brother, J.T. Rudolph, and a sister, Annabelle Moore, both of Paducah.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.