- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Leota Caby Lotz, 76, of Pevely, Mo., died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2002, at her home.
She was born Aug. 30, 1925, near Scopus, Mo., daughter of Elmer and Alma Baker Schrock. She first married Clyde Huston Caby, who died Oct. 29, 1987. She later married George Donnell Lotz.
Lotz had been a teacher at Dunklin R-5 School District and Zion Lutheran at Pevely. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Herculaneum-Pevely. She had also been a grief counselor with the chaplain's office at Jefferson Memorial Hospital, and received KJFF Hidden Hero award in 1999.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Ramona Caby of Festus, Mo., Wanda Pruett of Farmington, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Becky Shaw of Festus; two sons, Bruce Caby of Bloomsdale, Mo., Bradley Caby of Arnold, Mo.; a sister, Louise Hahs of Marble Hill; 11 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Vinyard's Hillcrest Funeral Home in Pevely from 3-9 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ben Hess officiating.
Friends may also call after 2:30 p.m. Monday at Mt. Zion Baptist Church near Scopus. Burial will be at 3 p.m. in Mt. Zion Cemetery.