- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
OAK RIDGE, Mo. -- Harlan A. Ruppel, 81, of Oak Ridge died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2002, at his home.
He was born Feb. 25, 1920, at Oak Ridge, son of Walter and Annie Sauer Ruppel. He and Wilma Bangert were married April 25, 1943, at Friedheim, Mo.
Ruppel lived and worked on the family farm all his life. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church at Friedheim, where he had served as elder, trustee, and school board member.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Ronald and Clinton Ruppel of Oak Ridge; a daughter, Susan Ervin of Tiptonville, Tenn.; a sister, Viola Anderson of Chicago; two brothers, Percy Ruppel of Dorsey, Ill., Lester Ruppel of Jackson, Mo.; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, a grandson, and a sister.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4-8 p.m. today, after 8:30 a.m. Saturday, and after noon at Trinity Lutheran Church in Friedheim.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. David Burge officiating. Burial will be in Lixville Cemetery.