- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Blanche Gertie Cooper, 86, of Bloomfield died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2002, at her home.
She was born June 26, 1915, at Ardeola, Mo., daughter of Sam and Gertie Summers Mason. She and Raymond Cooper were married Feb. 26, 1936. He preceded her in death.
Cooper was a member of First Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry Cooper of Bloomfield, Roger Cooper of Essex, Mo.; a daughter, Ramona Kelley of Bloomfield; a brother, Donald Mason of Gooding, Idaho; a sister, Thelma Hasty of Bertrand, Mo.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home from 6-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Chuck Clark and Andrew Lovins officiating. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery near Bloomfield.