- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Charles W. McNeil Jr.
VANDALIA, Ill. -- Charles Willard McNeil Jr., 82, of Vandalia died Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2002, at his home.
He was born Nov. 11, 1919, in Ste. Genevieve, Mo., the son of Charles and Anna Koechig McNeill. He married Virginia Brockmire on July 4, 1942, in Cape Girardeau. She survives.
He was a retired lieutenant at Menard State Prison.
He also is survived by a son, Robert McNeil of Loveland, Colo.; a daughter, Charleen Pryor of Hillsboro, Ill.; a sister, Dorothy Mahar of LeMay, Mo.; three grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a great-grandson.
Visitation will be from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Sunday at Miller Funeral Home in Vandalia.
A memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home with the Rev. Doug Wodka officiating.