- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Charles W. McNeil Jr.
VANDALIA, Ill. -- Charles Willard McNeil Jr., 82, of Vandalia died Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2002, at his home.
He was born Nov. 11, 1919, in Ste. Genevieve, Mo., the son of Charles and Anna Koechig McNeill. He married Virginia Brockmire on July 4, 1942, in Cape Girardeau. She survives.
He was a retired lieutenant at Menard State Prison.
He also is survived by a son, Robert McNeil of Loveland, Colo.; a daughter, Charleen Pryor of Hillsboro, Ill.; a sister, Dorothy Mahar of LeMay, Mo.; three grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a great-grandson.
Visitation will be from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Sunday at Miller Funeral Home in Vandalia.
A memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home with the Rev. Doug Wodka officiating.