- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JACKSON, Mo. -- Dennis D. Starzinger, 52, of Jackson died Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 23, 1949, in Cape Girardeau, son of Dillman and Nelda Pilz Starzinger. He and Rhonda Weber were married Nov. 14, 1970, at Pocahontas, Mo.
Starzinger grew up in Pocahontas, graduated from St. Paul High School in Concordia, Mo., and from Bailey Tech in St. Louis.
He was a self-employed cabinetmaker. He was a member of Zion Lutheran Church at Pocahontas, was past president of the congregation, held other offices in the church, and was active with Boy Scout Troop 311 in Jackson. He was an active member and held offices in Midwest Tool Collectors Association.
Starzinger served in the U.S. Army from 1969-72.
Survivors include his wife, his parents, and two sons, Jon and Eric Starzinger, all of Jackson.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Zion Lutheran Church, with Vicar Robert Mann officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.