- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Blues continue their struggles on the road
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Sergei Brylin and Patrik Elias scored as the New Jersey Devils beat the St. Louis Blues 2-1 Tuesday night.
The Devils have won two straight for the first time since Dec. 5-8.
Doug Weight scored for the Blues, 2-7-3-2 on the road since the start of November.
Brylin scored the only goal of the first period at 4:35. Scott Stevens fired a shot from the left point that Brylin deflected through traffic past Fred Brathwaite.
Elias made it 2-0 at 13:17 of the second with an unassisted goal. He intercepted a pass from Bryce Salvador in the neutral zone and skated to the top of the left circle. He cranked a shot that Brathwaite could only partially block.
New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur lost the chance at a shutout when Weight scored at 7:41 of the third. Weight took a long lead pass from Chris Pronger and unloaded a hard shot from the left circle to beat Brodeur.
St Louis, pressing for the tying goal, had 16 shots in the third period. Brodeur held the Blues off, finishing with 27 saves.