- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- William Frank Tripp, 89, of Anna died on Monday, Dec. 31, 2001, at the Union County Hospital in Anna.
He was born on June 19, 1912, at Anna, the son of Dugan and Agnes Highland Tripp.
He married Eva Leona Fox on Feb. 21, 1931 in Union County. She died on Jan. 22, 1995.
He is survived by a son, John E. Tripp of Anna; two sisters, Mary Keith of Anna and Louise Rich of Cobden, Ill.; a brother, Glenn Tripp of Cobden; three grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He was a member of the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, a retired fireman from the Manteno State Hospital of 23 years and a retired farmer of 50 years.
Friends may call at the Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5-8 p.m. today and after 10 a.m. Thursday at the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church.
Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the church.
The Revs. Doug Bridgeman and P.L. Montgomery will officiate. Burial will be in the Ebenezer Hall Cemetery near Lick Creek, Ill.