- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Vada Maxine York, 74, of Anna died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2001, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born June 29, 1927, in West Frankfort, Ill., daughter of Marion and Sara Mae Frazier Dunning. She and Gilbert York were married Nov. 18, 1945, in Marion, Ill. He died Oct. 28, 1981
York was a member of Ware Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Thomas York of White Hall, Ark., Michael York of Murphysboro, Ill.; a daughter, Janice Ferguson of Dongola, Ill.; a sister, Delores Hull of Carrier Mills, Ill.; two brothers, the Rev. Estel Dunning of Carrier Mills, James Dunning of Coldwater, Miss.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5-8 p.m. Friday.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Dutch Ridge Cemetery near Murphysboro. The Rev. James Stamp will officiate.