- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BURFORDVILLE, Mo. -- Velma G. Mabrey, 86, of Overland, Mo., died Monday, Dec. 31, 2001, at St. John's Place in St. Louis.
She was born Aug. 25, 1915, at Burfordville, daughter of William and Barbara Huffman Ross. She and Clarence E. Mabrey were married Nov. 21, 1935.
Mabrey was a retired child care worker.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Billy Mabrey of O'Fallon, Mo.; a sister, Gertrude Thiele of Allenville, Mo.; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo., from 4-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. J.E. Corbin officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.