- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Funeral for Sylvia L. McCall Stovall of Jackson will be held at 2 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill, Mo.
Stovall, 79, died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2001, in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 8, 1922, at Clarkton, Mo., daughter of Ira and Lavada Killian Dockins. She first married John M. Stovall. She later married Edward Ben McCall.
Stovall had been a sewer at a shoe factory.
Survivors include two daughters, Martha Lewis and Donna Hinckley of Cape Girardeau; a son, Richard "Dick" Stovall of Seminole, Fla.; two sisters, Selma Welker and Velma Hartwig of Jackson; a brother, Lynn Dockins of Arkansas; a granddaughter; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.