- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DEXTER, Mo. -- Funeral for Emma Pearl Cathey of Dexter was held Monday at Rainey Funeral Home. The Rev. Clifford Wary officiated. Burial was in Hagy Cemetery.
Cathey, 95, died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2001, at Cypress Point Healthcare.
She was born Aug. 7, 1906, at Portageville, Mo., daughter of Albert and Maude Funkhouse Adams. She and Fred Monroe Cathey were married Nov. 21, 1925, at New Madrid, Mo. He died Feb. 6, 1991.
Survivors include a granddaughter and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.