- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
KELSO, Mo. -- Bertha Clara Scherer, 92, of Kelso died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2001, in Advance, Mo.
She was born Aug. 12, 1909, at Chaffee, Mo., daughter of Anton and Regina Heuring Glastetter. She and Joseph Otto Scherer were married Oct. 20,1932, at New Hamburg, Mo. He died April 17, 1969.
Scherer was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church.
Survivors include two sons, Joe Scherer of Advance, Larry Scherer of Malabar, Fla.; a brother, Eugene Glastetter of Chaffee; 10 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and seven sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City, Mo., from 4-8 p.m. today. The parish rosary will be recited at 6.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Augustine Church. The Rev. Oliver Clavin will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.