- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Four die in Tennesee fire on New Year's
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- An early morning apartment fire Tuesday killed four people who had fallen asleep after a New Year's Eve party, authorities said.
Two others who escaped the burning apartment were treated for smoke inhalation, said Clarksville Fire Marshall Ray Williams.
The blaze destroyed the Ashland Park apartment building. Ten of the building's 12 units were occupied at the time of the blaze, Williams said.
The cause of the fire was being investigated.
Clarksville is about 40 miles northwest of Nash-ville.