- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Four die in Tennesee fire on New Year's
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- An early morning apartment fire Tuesday killed four people who had fallen asleep after a New Year's Eve party, authorities said.
Two others who escaped the burning apartment were treated for smoke inhalation, said Clarksville Fire Marshall Ray Williams.
The blaze destroyed the Ashland Park apartment building. Ten of the building's 12 units were occupied at the time of the blaze, Williams said.
The cause of the fire was being investigated.
Clarksville is about 40 miles northwest of Nash-ville.