- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Four die in Tennesee fire on New Year's
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- An early morning apartment fire Tuesday killed four people who had fallen asleep after a New Year's Eve party, authorities said.
Two others who escaped the burning apartment were treated for smoke inhalation, said Clarksville Fire Marshall Ray Williams.
The blaze destroyed the Ashland Park apartment building. Ten of the building's 12 units were occupied at the time of the blaze, Williams said.
The cause of the fire was being investigated.
Clarksville is about 40 miles northwest of Nash-ville.