- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)27
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Four die in Tennesee fire on New Year's
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- An early morning apartment fire Tuesday killed four people who had fallen asleep after a New Year's Eve party, authorities said.
Two others who escaped the burning apartment were treated for smoke inhalation, said Clarksville Fire Marshall Ray Williams.
The blaze destroyed the Ashland Park apartment building. Ten of the building's 12 units were occupied at the time of the blaze, Williams said.
The cause of the fire was being investigated.
Clarksville is about 40 miles northwest of Nash-ville.