- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Chamber committee names Holiday of Lights winners
The Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce Beautification and Enhancement Committee recently selected winners in the Holiday of Lights contest. Committee members chose two residential displays from each of seven areas of the city.
Residential winners are: Steve and Rita Crain, 3035 Keystone; Rob and Elizabeth Janet, 3120 Vail; Tim Martin, 1818 Ricardo; Paul Hendrix, 1873 Marietta; John and Kari Foley, 2132 Woodhollow; Bart and Lorili Ozbun, 2520 Horseshoe Ridge; Ron and Barb Propst, 2806 Gordonville; Jerry and Terri Callis, 916 W. Rodney; Neil Peterman, 2624 Melrose; Mark and Jackie Majoros, 3050 Northchurch; Kenny and Marsha Clark, 443 N. Frederick; Bill and Judy Guth, 449 N. Frederick; Jim Smithwick and Terry Jones, 215 Koch; and John Kuehn, 1806 Montgomery.
Commercial winners are: Fountainbleau Lodge, 2001 N. Kingshighway; Southeast Missouri Hospital, 1701 Lacey; St. Francis Medical Center, 211 St. Francis; Good Shepard Lutheran Chapel, 1904 W. Cape Rock; Nip Kelley Trucking and Equipment, 41 N. Sprigg; and Rose Bed Inn, 611 S. Sprigg.