- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
SCOTT CITY, Mo. -- Stanley P. Jamito, 90, of Scott City died Sunday, Dec. 16, 2001, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 8, 1911, in Milwaukee, Wis. He married Nieves Margaret Tacon, who died in November 1997.
Jamito was an elevator operator at Edgewater Beach Hotel and Lion-Healey Co., both in Chicago. He moved to Scott City in 1997 from Chicago. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Scott City.
Survivors include a son, Jeffery Jamito of Scott City; a daughter, Gloria Stackman of Honolulu; a brother, Ted Wowacki of Milwaukee; and five grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 5-7 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Terry Eades officiating.