- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson Board of Aldermen actions
7:30 p.m. Monday
Public Hearingsn Held hearing to consider the proposed annual budget for 2002.
Power and Light Committee Approved the annual budget for 2002.
Changed the regular council meeting date from Monday, Jan. 21, to Tuesday, Jan. 22, at 7:30 p.m. due to Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday holiday.
Amended Chapter 51 Division 4 of the City Code relating to guidelines for the use of sick leave.
Authorized condemnation proceedings to obtain certain described easement for the Industrial Park/South Hope (Highway 25) Water Line.
Amended the contractual agreement with Lappe Cement Finishing Inc. by the addition of Alternate No. 2 bid relative to the improvement of Dogwood Avenue.