- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Ruth B. Meadows, 86, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday Dec. 15, 2001, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born May 26, 1915, in rural Dunklin County, daughter of J.I. and Lilly Marker Burlison. She and the late Claude E. Meadows Jr. were married April 28, 1941, in Cape Girardeau. He died May 18, 1969.
Meadows was a teacher. During World War II she worked for the Navy in office work. She was the Cape Girardeau County treasurer from 1970 to 1972 and she worked for the state auditor from 1975 to 1978. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Ed Meadows of Jackson, Mo.; a brother, Bill Burlison of Odenton, Md.; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Jay White will officiate. Graveside services will be at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Dunklin County Memorial Gardens. The Rev. Griff Walker will officiate.