- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
GRAND CHAIN, Ill. -- Ruth Short, 85, of Grand Chain, formerly of Ullin, Ill., died Sunday, Dec. 16, 2001, at the Good Samaritan Care Center in Metropolis, Ill.
She was born April 21, 1916, in Ullin, daughter of Henry Elmer and Corinna Borland Knupp. She and the late John Short were married Dec. 2, 1939. He died March 17, 1979.
Short was a member of the Karnak Methodist Church and formerly a member of the Ullin Methodist Church. She was a homemaker.
Survivors include a son, James M. Short of Olmsted, Ill.; three stepgrandchildren; and four great-stepgrandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, a sister and a brother.
Visitation will be private.
Graveside Funeral Services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Mount Pisgah Cemetery.
Crain Funeral Home in Dongola, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.