- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BENTON, Mo. -- Kelsi Marie Essner, 8, of Benton died Saturday, Dec. 15, 2001, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 14, 1993, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of Ronald Joseph and Laura Anne Riley Essner.
Essner was a second-grader at St. Denis Catholic School and a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton.
Survivors include her parents; paternal grandparents, Paul and Geneva Essner of Benton; maternal grandfather Richard Riley of Blodgett, Mo., and grandmother Carol Riley of Benton; and four brothers, Ryan Essner, Lance Essner, Ross Essner and Seth Essner, all of Benton.
Friends may call at St. Denis Church from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church. The Revs. Normand Varone and James Seyer will officiate with burial in St. Denis Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Scott City is in charge of arrangements.