- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Conducts course at ophthalmology meeting
Dr. Marybeth E. Kapp recently attended the annual American Academy of Ophthalmology meeting in New Orleans, where she conducted an instructional course on the treatment of abnormal head position caused by ocular misalignment.
Kapp specializes in pediatric ophthalmology at Pediatric Eye Care of the Heartland, Auburn Park Place, 3065 William, Suite 207.
CPA attends national conference
William R. "Bill" Schott, CPA with Schott & Van de Ven, Certified Public Accountants attended the fall conference of the Chief Executive Network in Atlanta.
With more than 500 members, the Chief Executive Network is comprised of senior-level executives who share ideas and advice on improving their companies and themselves. Membership is by invitation. Schott participated in a full-day session with managers of CPA firms. They discussed business procedures and techniques for managing an accounting practice.
Schott has been a CPA for more than 40 years. He is a professional member of the Missouri Society of CPAs, American Institute of CPAs.
Schott & Van de Ven is a full-service public accounting firm located at 1020 N. Kingshighway, Suite D, Cape Girardeau. Founded in 1959, the firm has satellite offices in Marble Hill, Mo., and Marion, Ill.
New insurance agent in Chaffee appointed
Grayson Glueck of Chaffee, Mo., has been appointed a full-time agent for American Family Insurance in the Chaffee area.
Glueck's office, at 129 W. Yoakum in Chaffee, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. American Family offers several lines of insurance products, including auto, homeowners, health and others.
Glueck was previously employed in the construction industry and farming.
New statewide grocers president named
Steve Wallace of Wallace and Owens Supermarkets in Malden, Mo., has been named president of the Missouri Grocers Association for the 2001-2002 term.
Wallace was installed at a ceremony recently at the Missouri Grocers Association Annual Convention and Marketing Expo held at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, Mo.
Wallace has served four years on the MGA Board of Directors, having most recently served as the association's vice president. His official duties will include overseeing board meetings, general operational procedures of the association as well as assisting in the planning events.
Beverly worker honored for 15 years of service
Debbie Gohn of Jackson, Mo., recently observed her 15th year at Beverly Healthcare of Cape Gir-ardeau.
Gohn started at Beverly as a CNA, working in central supply and medical records.
She later served as assistant bookkeeper and is now business office manager.
--From staff reports