- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
USA Networks, Universal inch closer to $12.4 billion deal
NEW YORK -- Talks between Vivendi Universal and USA Networks Inc. are progressing, but no deal has been struck.
Sources say French media conglomerate Vivendi Universal will spend $12.4 billion in stock, cash and assumed tax liabilities for the assets of Barry Diller's USA Networks. Vivendi owns 43 percent of USA Networks, but Diller, its chairman, has the voting power.