- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
USA Networks, Universal inch closer to $12.4 billion deal
NEW YORK -- Talks between Vivendi Universal and USA Networks Inc. are progressing, but no deal has been struck.
Sources say French media conglomerate Vivendi Universal will spend $12.4 billion in stock, cash and assumed tax liabilities for the assets of Barry Diller's USA Networks. Vivendi owns 43 percent of USA Networks, but Diller, its chairman, has the voting power.