- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
USA Networks, Universal inch closer to $12.4 billion deal
NEW YORK -- Talks between Vivendi Universal and USA Networks Inc. are progressing, but no deal has been struck.
Sources say French media conglomerate Vivendi Universal will spend $12.4 billion in stock, cash and assumed tax liabilities for the assets of Barry Diller's USA Networks. Vivendi owns 43 percent of USA Networks, but Diller, its chairman, has the voting power.